Using BIonDemand First Time

In this blog, I have tried to explain how BIonDemand can be used to assist with your decision making. Please note that this is not guide to tell you how to use BIonDemand.



I am part time student of "Master of Business in ERP Systems" and three weeks ago I started great unit "ERP Applications". Just google "BCO6181" and you will find us. Now, in this unit we were exposed to BIonDemand. We were advised to think of data, a question and then use this beautiful tool to find the answer. I tried various sample data to learn this tool first.

Since the birth of my second child on 4th March I have been looking for a new DSLR camera. Now, this is my first DSLR camera so I only needed entry level camera. So I started to read and make some nice excel sheet with the data. Hang on, excel sheet with data. There we go, I can use this excel sheet to assist me finding good entry level camera. So I chose following three vendors and metrics.

Model
Canon
Nikon
Sony

Metrics
Mega pixels
Sensor Size
Auto Focus Points
ISO
Frame Rate
LCD Monitor
Price

Just a personal advise, I am not expert with cameras but what I read explains that mega pixels is not the only thing you should be looking for. There are many factors. One of the them is right lens. Therefore, I decided to just look for camera body. Hopefully, once I have got hands dirty on BIonDemand with above data then I will try to work with lens and camera data together. Oh, also DSLR stands for Digital Single-Lens Reflex. ;-)

Now, back to learning. So I made excel sheet in following format





Next steps, I uploaded the data set from excel file and follow the easy prompts/guide to create my own visualization. I added all the visualization to My Dashboard (front page). Please see below.







Later, when I was creating a new visualizations I wanted to add more measurements and do more with it and then I found there was a link saying "change look and feel (beta)". Guess what, it opened the "Xcelsius". Unbelievable, I am starting to love BIonDemand. So, once again I played and created following static dashboard.



I must say that I loved BIonDemand so much that I am going to advise to everyone. So get on it and try different things. Anyone can do this but you should know your data well and have right questions in mind (as suggested by Tony De Thomasis). Now, I am going to play more with it and finish my home work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAP HANA Input Parameter - Derived from Table - Use Expression in Filter Value

SLT Replication Issue Due To Timeout Reading Logging Tables

SAP HANA Content Security Roles Setup