Error in BW: Error creating tmp table

Recently, I was given a task to test reports in BI portal. The testing is critical phase before and after the upgrade for any kind of system. So while running some of the reports I was getting following error:

"Error in BW: error creating tmp table"

These reports are basically BEx queries which talk to InfoProvider (cube, multi-provider or virtual cube) to get the data. However, I really didn't know what to do. It was my first week of job and I hardly knew anything about their BW system. One of the team member who as a mentor suggested me to look/search for this error in SCN and SAP notes. After a one hour search I found few queries on SCN talking about similar issue and there was information on SAP note to follow. So based on given information I advised the BW person to execute the following report:

"SAP_DROP_TMPTABLES"

The error might be due to inconsistency in temporary /BI0/0* tables after the upgrade from BW 7.0 to 7.3. Problem was resolved after running above report.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAP HANA Input Parameter - Derived from Table - Use Expression in Filter Value

SLT Replication Issue Due To Timeout Reading Logging Tables

SAP HANA Content Security Roles Setup