Language Dependency in Design Studio - With BW Data Sources

In recent experience, I found that when we are using BW data sources then it display an error if OLAP connection language is set different from BW system.

For example -

I tried to change connection for this SAP Design Studio application and received following error:



When I checked the backend connection in Preferences of SAP Design Studio then I found it is using language IE


I checked Design Studio administrator guide and there were some hints to language dependency


I found that the user language settings in BW was different from what I configured in OLAP connection

BW



OLAP Connection



So I changed the language in OLAP connection in Information Design Tool to match BW system. Later, the error was gone and I was able to change data source. Once it is changed the it should appear as follows:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAP HANA Input Parameter - Derived from Table - Use Expression in Filter Value

SLT Replication Issue Due To Timeout Reading Logging Tables

SAP HANA Content Security Roles Setup